Edward is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin (B.A. History 1996) and St. Mary’s University, School of Law (J.D. 1999). Born and raised in Laredo, Edward's practice reflects his lifelong love of the South Texas brush country with a focus on real property transactions and litigation, assisting clients with oil and gas leasing, development, and litigation; title and conveyance questions; surface use and environmental issues arising from drilling and production; and civil litigation, including business litigation and fiduciary litigation. Edward has also successfully resolved federal criminal matters for his clients.
Along with litigation and trial, Edward handles appeals, drawing on his experience as a Briefing Attorney for the Fourth Court of Appeals in San Antonio, Texas and, more recently, as an attorney who has briefed appeals and presented oral argument in the Court of Appeals.
Outside of work, Edward spends most of his time with Adriana and their children Edward Henry (11) and Alexandra (10), sharing their enjoyment of the wildlife, bird watching, hunting, fishing, and astronomy at the Barrocito Ranch and Rancho Los Ojuelos.
- Appellate Law
- Business Litigation
- Fiduciary Litigation
- Litigation and Trial
- Oil, Gas, and Natural Resources
- Real Property
- Texas (1999)
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas (2002)
Professional Experience and Associations
- Associate Municipal Court Judge, City of Laredo (2005—2010)
- Jones, González & Maddox, an Association (formerly Jones & González, P.C.) (2005—2011)
- Person, Whitworth, Borchers & Morales, L.L.P. (2001—2005)
- Briefing Attorney for the Honorable Tom Rickhoff, Justice, Fourth Court of Appeals, San Antonio, Texas (2000—2001)
- Texas Young Lawyers Association (Director, District 19 2003-2007)
- Imaginarium of South Texas (Director 2006-2012; Vice President, Parliamentarian & Secretary)
- Washington's Birthday Celebration Association (Presidential Appointment 2013-2014; Director 2014-2017)
Benavides Maddox, PC
Attorneys and Counselors
1015 Scott Street
Laredo, Texas 78040